Nursing Career in Norway
Working together with nurses from Poland for more than 7 years we have helped nurses, as well as their families, to develop in Norway. Giving both them and their families an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional development. We pride ourselves in caring for the development of your career in Norway, guiding you every step of the way from the first contact with us, adjusting to a new lifestyle, finding accommodation, to fitting into your new working environment.
We will provide you with a clear and straightforward route to employment in Norway starting with the recruitment process. Once you have been excepted by your future employer and are ready to proceed you will be able to start learning Norwegian on one of our intensive language courses. During this time our team will arrange all the necessary documents for you to work as a nurse in Norway, find accommodation for you and prepare for your arrival in Norway.
Included in our offer
- Free online intensive language course (0-A2).
- Free intensive stationary language course (A2-B1) Includes; accommodation, meals, teaching materials.
- Application and preparation for Norwegian authorisation to work as a Nurse.
- Translation of all documents needed to work as a Nurse in Norway.
- You will have a dedicated support team to help you from the first interview to your first day at work and beyond.
- Free online language course in Norway for the first year arranged by your employer
- We help you find an apartment close to your place of work at a fixed price (electricity, gas, water, and WiFi included).
- We help you with practical matters, such as social security numbers, bank accounts, etc.
- We can help your spouse with searching for employment close to your employment.
** Please note that this offer is only available for EU citizens. For non-Eu program please read here.
Wages and hourly rates for nurses:
Norwegian nursing wages are governed by the Norwegian tariffavtale which is an agreement defined in the Labor Disputes Act as an agreement on working and wage conditions and other working conditions entered into between a trade union and an employer or employers’ association. This guarantees that you as a qualified nurse working in Norway will receive the entitled and correct wages.
- Most nurses are paying between 26 -32 % tax in Norway
- 10% Feriepenger (Holiday money) ~22.000PLN paid out in June
- 223 – 273 NOK per normal working hour (Based on experience)
- Additional 56NOK for each nighttime hour
- Additional 50NOK for every hour worked on the weekend
- Additional 133% on bank holidays
- Additional 100% of the base rate for overtime
*Please note that evening and nighttime hours may vary depending on shifts and employers.
**The figures given for tax are only guidelines and may vary from person to person.