Nursing Career in Norway
For over 10 years, we have been dedicated to supporting nurses from Poland and other countries along with their families in their journey towards professional and personal growth in Norway. Our mission is to provide an exceptional opportunity for development, ensuring that both nurses and their families thrive. We take pride in nurturing your career advancement in Norway, offering comprehensive guidance at every step of the way, from the initial contact with us to adjusting to a new lifestyle, finding suitable accommodation, and seamlessly integrating into your new working environment.
From the outset, our recruitment process provides a clear and straightforward path to employment in Norway. Once you have been accepted by your prospective employer and are ready to proceed, we offer intensive language courses to help you learn Norwegian. During this period, our dedicated team will handle all the necessary documentation required for you to work as a nurse in Norway. Additionally, we will assist in finding suitable accommodation and ensure that you are well-prepared for your arrival in Norway.
Join us and embark on a transformative journey, where professional fulfilment, personal development, and a thriving career in Norway await you.
Included in our offer
- Language Courses: We provide both free online intensive language courses (A0-B1) with teaching materials and lessons, as well as immersive stationary courses (A0-B1) that include accommodation, meals, and teaching materials. These courses ensure you have the necessary language skills to work safely and independently in Norway.
- Application and Preparation for Norwegian Authorization: We assist you in navigating the process of obtaining the necessary authorization to work as a nurse in Norway. Our dedicated team will complete the application procedures, ensuring you meet all the requirements.
- Authorization and Documentation: Our team completes the application and preparation process for obtaining the necessary Norwegian authorization to work as a nurse. We also complete professional translation services for all the required documents, ensuring accuracy and compliance with legal requirements.
- Dedicated Support: From your initial interview to your first day at work and beyond, our dedicated support team is here to assist you. We provide guidance, answer your queries, and ensure a smooth transition throughout your journey in Norway.
- Accommodation: We arrange free a apartment near your workplace for the entire duration of your employment. The apartments include essential utilities such as electricity, water, and WiFi, ensuring a comfortable living environment.
- Training Program: Upon your arrival in Norway, we offer a comprehensive 2-6 week training program to further enhance your language skills and familiarize you with the Norwegian healthcare system. This program prepares you for your role and helps you adapt to the local practices and protocols.
- Practical Assistance: We help you with practical matters such as obtaining social security numbers and other bureaucratic procedures, making your settlement in Norway hassle-free.
- Spouse Support: We extend our assistance to your spouse by helping them search for employment opportunities close to your workplace. This ensures a well-rounded experience for you and your family.
Wages and hourly rates for nurses:
Norwegian nursing wages are governed by the Norwegian tariffavtale which is an agreement defined in the Labor Disputes Act as an agreement on working and wage conditions and other working conditions entered into between a trade union and an employer or employers’ association. This guarantees that you as a qualified nurse working in Norway will receive the entitled and correct wages.
- Most nurses are paying between 26 -32 % tax in Norway
- 12.0% Feriepenger (Holiday money) paid out in June
- 260 – 305 NOK per normal working hour (Based on experience)
- Additional 70NOK for each nighttime hour
- Additional 70NOK for every hour worked on the weekend
- Additional 133% on bank holidays
- Additional 100% of the base rate for overtime
- Bonuses and allowances from the employer
- The average monthly income is between 3800 – 5700 Euro
*Please note that evening and nighttime hours may vary depending on shifts and employers.
**The figures given for tax are only guidelines and may vary from person to person.