Non-EU Student Program for Norway
Working together with nurses from Poland and the EU for more than 9 years we have helped nurses, as well as their families, to develop in Norway. Giving both them and their families an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional development. We pride ourselves in caring for the development of your career in Norway, guiding them every step of the way from the first contact with us, adjusting to a new lifestyle, finding accommodation, to fitting into your new working environment.
We have from 2020 also widened our offer to include nursing students from non-EU countries that are studying nursing in Poland. We are offering the same working conditions to nurses that have completed their bachelor’s degree in Poland as we do to EU citizens. This also includes the option of summer jobs in Norway after completing your 4th /5th semester and learning Norwegian to the level of minimum A2.
Join us and embark on a transformative journey, where professional fulfilment, personal development, and a thriving career in Norway await you.
Included in our offer
- Language Courses: We provide both online intensive language courses (A0-B1) with teaching materials and lessons, as well as immersive stationary courses (A0-B1) that include accommodation, meals, and teaching materials. These courses ensure you have the necessary language skills to work safely and independently in Norway.
- Application and Preparation for Norwegian Authorization: We assist you in navigating the process of obtaining the necessary authorization to work as a nurse in Norway. Our dedicated team will complete the application procedures, ensuring you meet all the requirements.
- Authorization and Documentation: Our team completes the application and preparation process for obtaining the necessary Norwegian authorization to work as a nurse. We also complete professional translation services for all the required documents, ensuring accuracy and compliance with legal requirements.
- Dedicated Support: From your initial interview to your first day at work and beyond, our dedicated support team is here to assist you. We provide guidance, answer your queries, and ensure a smooth transition throughout your journey in Norway.
- Accommodation: We arrange a free apartment near your workplace for the entire duration of your employment. The apartments include essential utilities such as electricity, water, and WiFi, ensuring a comfortable living environment.
- Training Program: Upon your arrival in Norway, we offer a comprehensive 2-6 week training program to further enhance your language skills and familiarize you with the Norwegian healthcare system. This program prepares you for your role and helps you adapt to the local practices and protocols.
- Practical Assistance: We help you with practical matters such as obtaining social security numbers and other bureaucratic procedures, making your settlement in Norway hassle-free.
- Submit your visa application through the appropriate channels. Verify that you have all the specific additional documents requested.
Wages and hourly rates for nurses:
Norwegian nursing wages are governed by the Norwegian tariffavtale which is an agreement defined in the Labor Disputes Act as an agreement on working and wage conditions and other working conditions entered into between a trade union and an employer or employers’ association. This guarantees that you as a qualified nurse working in Norway will receive the entitled and correct wages.
- Most nurses are paying between 26 -32 % tax in Norway
- 12.0% Feriepenger (Holiday money) paid out in June
- 260 – 305 NOK per normal working hour (Based on experience)
- Additional 70NOK for each nighttime hour
- Additional 70NOK for every hour worked on the weekend
- Additional 133% on bank holidays
- Additional 100% of the base rate for overtime
- Bonuses and allowances from the employer
- The average monthly income is between 3800 – 5700 Euro
*Please note that evening and nighttime hours may vary depending on shifts and employers.
**The figures given for tax are only guidelines and may vary from person to person.
Visa application and required documents
The work visa application process varies somewhat depending on your nationality and background. However, for candidates that for fill all of the requirements to apply for a working visa we will handle the visa application along with any translations that need to be done and cover the first-time visa application fee (6800NOK) in Norway.
Please note that we only do visa applications for people travelling to Norway through our programs to work. We also do not do visa applications for friends or family members.
- Bachelor in Nursing from Poland or another EU country
- A Polish ID card that is valid for at least 3 months at the time of travelling to Norway.
- Minimum B1 Norwegian and a working contract with our company.
- Clean criminal record and no visa violations
- Minimum of 2 passport photographs